-Spring (late February - early June)
-Fall Season (early September - late November)
Summer Staff Information
Year Around Positions:
Communications & Programs Specialist
Statement of Job: The Communications and Program Specialist will work cooperatively with the program team and director to implement marketing and communications strategies for our various programs including summer camp, environmental education, retreats and outreach to our camp alumni.
Reports to: Camp Director
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field. Some prior work experience preferred including internships. Strong written and verbal skills. Solid understanding of print, electronic and social media preferred. Experience with WordPress, Adobe Design Suite a plus as well. Some experience with summer camp or retreat facilities is a plus.
1. Responsible for external communication in print and digital media to promote Don Lee programs to appropriate audiences.
2. Develop monthly e-newsletter.
3. Develop and maintain website.
4. Work cooperatively with summer staff media employees to effectively communicate with parents each day, including managing camper and parent emails, blog posts and photographic posts.
5. Maintain a strong social media presence for our programs on a variety of social media platform including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and others.
6. Work cooperatively with the director on the appropriate placement of advertising in various media.
7. Coordinate marketing display programs for the recruitment of staff as well as families to camp.
8. Responsible for taking photographs year round and organizing them so we can use them in various platforms.
9. Serve as part of the program team and have input on the execution of existing programs, hiring of summer staff, and development of new programs.
10. Serve as host as needed for retreat groups.
11. Other duties assigned.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Kate Metts, director, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details give us a call at 252-249-1106 x 23